DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

This is the FIRST time in history that February actually feels like a short month

Superbowl Sunday!!
What a fantastic game!!
You'll see our house was mostly decorated with Colts stuff (for Jeff), while I did have a small homage to the Saints (for Brett and me!)---I didn't want to push it though!
Speaking of Brett, he got a LOT of practice on his trumpet before the game Sunday, playing "When the saints go marching in"! hee hee.
Our mantle is decorated for Valentine's Day.
Which is THIS Sunday...I can't believe it.

I have some vintage Valentines. The backs of them are dated from 1910 to 1930, all from the same girl to and from her dad, mom and sister.
I bought them at an auction more than 10 years ago. The best part of the story is that I bought a steamer trunk that nobody wanted. The auctioneer's wife put in a pity bid of $5, and just to bid against her, I put in $10. Well, I won. It was locked and the auctioneer opened it and gave me the keys after the auction. When he opened it he put his head in his hands and almost cried because this trunk that no one wanted was crammed full of STUFF! Fabric, pillows, ephemera, old glasses and paperwork and hundreds of letters, shaving razors, years and years of memories from this one family. He looked at me and said "Honey, you got the deal of a lifetime". He said he could've sold all that stuff for hundreds of dollars.
Yeah, well, maybe next time you should unlock your trunks before you sell them :)
(I'm sure he did!)


Sunday is also Chinese New Year!
THIS Sunday...I can't believe it!
Since the mantle is all "Valentine's Day", CNY was relegated to the kitchen, which to be honest, is where most of the CNY festivities take place (yum!)

I got a 'Cricut Expression' for my birthday, so I whipped up these little signs for the windows.





Right on the heels of Valentine's Day and CNY comes Mardi Gras....what an amazing time to be in New Orleans right now, from the Superbowl to Mardi Gras, wow.
Hopefully all these festivities will make February and winter FLY BY!
Why is it that the month with the shortest number of days lasts the longest?!
yuck.










1 Comments:

At 8:21 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

I love your trunk story. That's just the deal of a century!!! Your decorations look fantastic. Aren't you having fun with your fireplace mantle!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com