DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Monday, January 11, 2010

I am woman, hear me roar!

Guess what I did on Saturday (while anxiously awaiting the 8pm start of the Dallas game)?
I re-wired a lamp!! Something that I've never, ever done before. Something that I never, ever thought I'd ever even want to do.
I can't sew, or do anything at all with a needle, but I can fix a lamp!
I dug this out of a box in the basement. I remember getting it, and another one kind of like it, at an auction in a box lot. I think I payed $1 for whatever I wanted and the 2 lamps were there too. They were dirty and didn't work, but I just couldn't throw them out.
Then yesterday we were at Big Lots and I found the shade on clearance.
I just love when things turn out like that :)
I'll have to get started on the other one...
I was feeling so crafty and full of myself, that I also made this sign.
We picked up the wood planks at the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store for .50 and the letters for $4, which I covered in scrapbook paper and, voila!
Have you ever been to a Re-Store? They have 3 in our area and we just LOVE them. They have furniture, appliances, lighting, cabinets, doors, windows, anything you could possibly want there. It's just fantastic !
Now, the sign is for a little something I'll have to share with you later ;)
And, if you know Lili, you know you can't have a camera out without her getting in front of it, so here's your Lili shot for the day!


1 Comments:

At 4:07 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

You and I would have so much fun thrifting and repurposing things together. I love the pool sign. I'm guessing your summer is going to look a bit different this year. Good for YOU!!

PS. I thought of you on Saturday when I was at my favorite antique store. I got a tiered stand perfect for cupcakes (and other things) at 75% off. I'm blaming your football cupcakes for getting me thinking.

http://kenward.blogspot.com/2010/01/sunday-snapshots_09.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com