DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Sunday, March 21, 2010


I cannot believe my little girl is seven!! That doesn't even sound 'little' anymore :(

She had the best birthday ever. She's been taking figure skating lessons practically since she came home from China. This year, they had their skating show on her birthday. She was thrilled beyond belief to have a skating show and a birthday all in one day.

She did a wonderful job on her performance. I took video of it, which I'll have to post later. She just had the time of her life. She loved every second of it (as you can tell by the pictures). In fact, the only was I was able to get her off the ice was to tell her that she had a new dress and cake waiting for her at home :)

One of the things she said she wanted for her birthday was to get her ears pierced. I never have gotten mine pierced, just was never a particular need for me. why cause myself unnecessary pain ? But, it's something Lili's really wanted to do, so I told her we'd see if we could get it done. Her daddy wasn't very thrilled with the idea. Heck, he's not even thrilled when I paint her nails, but he caved in since it was her 'birthday wish'. But! He's drawing the line at anything dangly, which is precisely what Lili is drawn to. Lili was kinda/sorta scared about it, but resolved. When we got there, she almost maybe could've backed out, but stood firm. She was rather squemish when they marked her ears with the pen, however :) She clapped her hands over her mouth so she "wouldn't scream" and boom, it was over and she was thrilled. And if you think she was enamored with herself before, you should get a load of her now, there'll be no living with her! But, she had a wonderful birthday and got everything she wanted, so that makes it all worthwhile.

Happy birthday, Lili!!

2 Comments:

At 7:26 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

Happy Birthday, Lili! Oh my goodness could she be any cuter in that skating outfit with the white shiny boot cover-ups!!! She's so stylish and grown-up with her fun glasses and pierced ears.

Thanks for the prayers. We're going to need them this week.

 
At 9:07 AM , Blogger janice said...

I FINALLY got my little ice skater (Michelle Kwan in the making)!! She's amazes me in every way and I can't believe she shares my love of the ice and the cold, unlike my darling daughter!! Love you anyway, Nik!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com