DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Treasure Hunting

I just had to throw in this picture of Lili.
Intimidating, huh?
Last Friday, I found an estate sale. Yay!
I picked up this picture for $2

The mirrors for $2.50 and the arborvitae (I got 2 of them) for $2.
I hope I don't have to wait till spring to get the urns for them. I think I'm going to put them on each side of the front door.

I went to Goodwill yesterday and picked up these 2 angels for a buck.
The lighted one was still in the box and imagine my surprise when all the lights actually lit. It looks like it's from the '60s...I don't recall seeing yellow twinkle lights lately either.

This little angel was hidden in the back of the box with the other angel.
What a find! I just love her sweet little face and glittery little outfit.
I just can't believe how many auctions and sales I've been able to find lately.
And don't even get me started on Goodwill. It's like crack. I go to each one once a week, every week. There are 4 in the area as well as 2 Salvation Armies and 2 St. Vincent DePaul's.
It's a full time job just scanning thrift shops, auctionzip.com and the classifieds.
Wish I could find a way to make money at it...
Yesterday I took Lili to get an eye exam. To make a long story short, she lost her original glasses from last year and her school nurse sent home a note requesting an eye check. We got the exam plus TWO pairs of glasses for one price. Not bad.
She was in prime form, let me tell you. She kept the doctor in stitches the whole time...never knew an eye exam could last so long. The dr. asked if we charged for entertainment. I don't think he wanted her to leave.
I, however, wasn't so amused after our wait in the waiting room:
Lili: (as I'm filling out forms) "Mom, I like your hair."
"Thanks, Lili."
[pause]...
"MAMA!! YOU HAVE A GRAY HAIR!!"
Man sitting across from us: "Bah Ha Ha Ha!!!"
Yep. What a kid.




1 Comments:

At 4:18 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

I wish we lived closer. I love scouting through thrift stores. We would have so much fun together. Your angels are just so precious. Vintage holiday finds are THE BEST!

Too funny about the gray comment. Lili is a stitch. I would hate to have her stand next to me very long.

Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com