DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Very Sad Week


You may remember I mentioned that my grandpa had a stroke.
He hung in there for as long as he could. Jeff and I made it to see him last Thursday. He tried talking to me, knew who I was and waved and smiled. He was alert and looked very good.
He died last Sunday. He had contracted pneumonia and was being made comfortable. He just slept and drifted away.
Exactly the way he would've wanted it.
He was 93 and was very strong, healthy and independent.
He wasn't your 'typical' 93 year old. He lived alone, drove, shopped, cleaned, did chores. He had more energy and sharpness of mind than a lot of people half his age.
Anyone who knew him knows that.
He was an amazing, amazing guy.
Lili called him "Roundball".
To make a long story short, my gramp has always, always done this little song called "roundball". Every single person in our family knows the song. People from 90 to a year old know it.
After the funeral, we were sitting at a table with my dad's brothers and sisters and they started singing "roundball" to Lili. It's awesome to know that seriously, hundreds of people know this song because of one man.
He made quite an impact on quite a number of people in his time on earth and I am blessed to have been both a recipient and a witness to it.
Thank you, Gramp, for everything.

3 Comments:

At 9:41 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounds like an amazing man. Please know that I'm thinking of you.

((extra hugs))

 
At 9:24 AM , Blogger Mom on the Run said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa.

 
At 3:15 PM , Blogger Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

sorry to hear about your Grandpa. My thoughts are with you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com