DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Random Things....

Our desktop computer is having some internet issues, so I'm posting on our laptop which is having some storage issues, so that means no pictures for this post :(


I went to the BEST auction ever last Saturday.
I got 4 gigantic topiaries that I'm going to turn into Christmas topiaries, a round wooden table, about 20 pounds of the long plastic grass that costs $7 a piece at Hobby Lobby, a wicker planter, 2 glass doorknob shelf-things, 2 shadow boxes w/ vintage keys, an embroidered down pillow sham, chrome fireplace tools, wood and leather 1/2 round shelves, 3 large pottery barn framed b/w pictures, LaZBoy coffee table.
All for $38 total. :)
You should've seen the things they were selling, and for sooooo cheap. It was a home builders supply/showcase auction. Unbelieveable stuff. No antiques, but really nice, mostly new furniture and decor. I really wish I needed more stuff!


Lili was hiding under our new coffee table the other day. She popped out and surprised Jeff who asked, "Where did you come from?"
To which Lili replied, "China."
What a corker!


Jeff is building a fire pit in the backyard. He used some landscaping blocks and it looks nice and only cost around $60. We were looking at it from the living room window the other night, which gives us a somewhat aerial view.
Have you ever seen "The Ring"? That creepy movie where that girl comes out of the well whenever the TV turns to snow?
Now I can't even look out the window at that thing anymore. Looks just like that stinkin' well. Now, if our TV goes out, I'm really going to freak.
We need to get some wood in the firepit, pronto.


Remember how I told you we've been getting trees, etc. like crazy?
Jeff swore he was DONE with planting for the year, but we went to Meijer and they had all their perennials 90% OFF so what could we do? We're now the proud owners of several MORE evergreen bushes....dig Jeff, dig.



And, I end this post on a sad note.
My grandpa had a stroke Monday. He's still in ICU right now, but he's doing OK. I wouldn't mention it other than the fact that I'd covet your prayers for him right now.
Which reminds me of another Lili story.....
Brett and Lili were staying with my parents a couple weeks ago. They visited the cemetary where my grandma, Laura, is buried. I think you know that Lili's middle name is Laura, after my grandma. Anyway, my mom said that Lili kneeled down at my grandma's grave and said "I love you. I miss you." Brett told her that she couldn't miss her, she didn't even know her. (my gram died 5 years before Brett was born) I guess Lili looked at him real indignantly and said something like, "Brett, I do know her. I have her name."

Now if I see Lili crawling out of our firepit............

2 Comments:

At 4:47 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. I'll be praying for him. I would have loved to have been with you at your auction! I can't wait to see what you do with all your neat stuff. Your Lili stories are always the BEST. I can't wait for more Lili and Bret pictures. Hugs!

 
At 7:17 PM , Blogger Mom on the Run said...

First of all, how is your grandpa doing? You all are in my prayers.

Secondly, how do you find such awesome deals!!!! Take me along sometime :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com