DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Monday, October 06, 2008

Eureeka!!!!

In the midst of cleaning out a closet I found a binder filled with information about Chinese adoption that I had put together in 2005. Included among all the papers was a print out of a Chinese lullaby "Mama Hao". It's to China like "Hush Little Baby" is to us. Anyway, I started reading the Chinese words and it hit me like a ton of bricks. THIS IS THE SONG THAT LILI HAS BEEN SINGING OVER AND OVER SINCE WE MET HER IN CHINA!!
I can't believe it! We've had NO idea what she's been singing all this time. The only thing we recognized is the 'Mama Hao' part.
I'm assuming that the orphanage staff instructed them how to sing it. Not only does she sing the song, but she does little hand motions along with it.
I mean, DUH!! I feel like a complete idiot! She's been singing this song for over a YEAR and I just now realize what it is. I searched for it 3 years ago! I must've gotten lost in my subconscious somewhere.
How exciting!
Not only do I have the Pinyin version, but the English translation as well:

'Only Mama is the best in all the world
With a mama, you have the most valued treasure.
Jump into mama's heart and
You have endless happiness.

Only Mama is the best in all the world
Without a mama you are like a piece of grass,
Away from mama's heart,
Where will you find happiness?'

How sad to think of orphans singing that song, huh?
I wonder what went through Lili's head as she sang that all those years with no mama.
(I wonder what's been going through her head the last year, singing her brains out to a completely cluless mother!)

I've linked the music to the lullaby below (it's really very beautiful):

Shi Shang Zhi You Ma Ma Hao -

1 Comments:

At 9:13 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

How beautiful and sad all at the same time. I do wonder how Lili made sense of singing that particular song in the orphanage?? She's amazing. What a weird twist of fate that you had that particular song in your adoption binder.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com