DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

On the Homefront

We had another house showing on Sunday.
I'm not sure how it went. No offers yet.

Interestingly, I checked on the web for the median home prices in our town. I was ASTOUNDED by what I found (no wonder the current market is in turmoil)
It seems that the median price is around 538 THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!
I know the main reason for that is the lake property. Nothing around the lake goes for much less than a million and there's plenty listed for 3, 4 or 5 million.
Believe me, our house is no where near those numbers, but it's amazing to see. Makes me feel special :)

I just did my daily check on the real estate site for 'Perfect House #1' and "no search items matched my criteria" which means it's probably off the market. boo!
When Jeff and I looked at it again last Thursday, we found some things that we didn't notice the first time and kind of came to the decision that maybe it wasn't so "perfect" after all. TREMENDOUS curb appeal, but you can't live on the outside of your house. So, whatever.
(the daily web check for 'Perfect House #2' did reveal that's it's still on the market....for now. whew!)

I guess maybe we shouldn't have gone house hunting yet at all. Especially during
'THE WORST TIME IN THE HISTORY OF THE ENTIRE EARTH TO SELL YOUR HOUSE'.
If we hadn't found these perfect houses, we wouldn't be in such a hurry to sell. (and yes, Jeff DID try to warn me)

Oh well, whatever is meant to happen will happen.
Remember, we're the people that started our adoption at
'THE WORST TIME IN THE HISTORY OF THE ENTIRE EARTH TO ADOPT FROM CHINA.' so we'll deal with it.

I'm sure there'll be 'Perfect House #3' out there too.
(although Jeff made me promise not to look for it until we actually SELL our house)

1 Comments:

At 10:02 AM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

It's so hard to not get your hopes up. I'm right there with you. I remember when we finally made the decision to sell our home and move closer to our places of work, I spent a large part of everyday surfing for the PERFECT house. Hang in there, my friend. It took us going to Portland Oregon for a conference (I took Chris and Emma with me) to get the offer that sold our house. Maybe you need to plan another family trip out of town! Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com