DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Saturday, May 10, 2008

What a Kick in the Heart


I copied this picture from another blog.
This is a copy of the 'Teleflora' site, which is encouraging you to vote for your favorite mom in one of 5 different categories.
The 4th category: The 'Non-Mom Mom', which includes grandmas, stepmothers and ADOPTIVE MOTHERS!!!!!!
Are you freaking KIDDING me??????
I'm a 'NON-MOM'?!?!?!
Well, someone should have really told me that before the
8 months of paperwork,
the 18 months of waiting,
the 18 day trip all the way across the world,
and the thousands of dollars spent.
Shoot, if I had known I wasn't going to be a REAL mother, I would've just used all that time and money for something that would actually make a difference to someone.
Un-freaking-believeable.

4 Comments:

At 4:46 PM , Blogger RebeccaB said...

My name is Rebecca, and I work with Edelman on behalf of Teleflora’s “America’s Favorite Mom” program. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this issue. After closer examination, Teleflora recognized how this may have been offensive to moms who have adopted children… moms who are indeed real moms in every sense of the word. This show of insensitivity was in no way intended and Teleflora offers its deepest apology. It was always Teleflora’s intent to salute and celebrate all moms.

Please know that in response the concerns expressed, Teleflora immediately change the name of the “Non-Mom” category to “Adopting Moms,” which has already been posted at AmericasFavoriteMom.com.

On behalf of Teleflora, I would like to offer my sincerest best wishes to you on this Mother’s Day.

 
At 8:05 PM , Blogger Ronda said...

I heard about this and found out that they changed the title, but I am with you-UNBELIEVABLE! Damage was done already. Love the PC repsonse from the company and what is even more unbelievable is that Marie Osmond is on the front promoting it-a bio and adoptive mom. Sorry for the rant. Loved the post.

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

That canned response is practically a cut and paste of what they put on their site. But you can't unring a bell baby.

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger Liene said...

The response they sent you is the same one they sent everyone who blogged about it.

I'm so disappointed in their pathetic response not to mention how disappointed I was when they labeled me a "Non-Mom Mom". I'll never have biological children and to tell me that I'm not my son's real mother nor will I be my daughter from China's real mother made me feel like I wasn't good enough in their eyes. That only women who gave birth were good enough to be labeled "real" moms.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com