DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Sunday, April 27, 2008

OK, Fine. Talk about me behind my back, we're doing this.


Lili and I went to another pageant meeting today.
We had a couple of weeks since the last meeting to reflect and make sure we wanted to do this. (yeah, and I say we when we ALL know I really mean ME!)
So, we walk in, sit down and start filling out forms.
I look at my little Miss and see her picking her nose . Now, I swear to you, this girl does NOT do this type of thing. What IS it with these meetings that turn her into Shrek?
sigh.....
Anyway, I felt a little better about the whole makeup thing. They stressed that natural beauty is the focus. Let little girls be little girls, etc.
So, we'll see. I'm sure there will still be some little Tammy Faes running around.
Lili wasn't too interested in the whole thing until they grouped them and called for the "Little Miss Princess girls". Lili turned to me, gasped and said "Princess?!?!" Then, she took off into her little group.
They practiced walking and smiling and standing. And yes, I KNOW how stupid that sounds, but that's what they did.
The major thing that worries me are the questions.
They have a 'Judge's Tea' where the girls have to answer some questions eloquently .
Such as: "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
Now, seriously just about the only word Lili understands of that sentence is 'what'. So, we'll be practicing at home.
Lili was so sweet when we were done. She came tearing across the room to me yelling "MOMMY!!! MOMMY!!!!" pigtails flying, legs askew, arms akimbo......
And when we were leaving she said "Goodbye" to every single girl.
Hmmmm.......methinks someone is already stumping for "Miss Congeniality".
Now that's my girl! :)

1 Comments:

At 7:36 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

What a well-written post. It totally made my evening. I can't wait to read all about the event when it finally happens.

Love,
Kim K.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com