DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Friday, April 18, 2008

I Felt the Earth Move


Guess what woke me up this morning?
Oh, just a little 5.4 earthquake!
I was half awake/half asleep at around 6:00 or so when the bed started shaking. It actually felt like a dog was on the bed scratching itself, which in my sleepy stupor, is what I thought it was. Jeff left me a note telling me what happened. The quake was centered in southern Illinois.
And this is not the first earthquake we've had in Indiana in my lifetime. There was one in the summer of '87. I was home alone and I thought I was going insane. No internet to check things out back then. I had to wait for the local news to come on.
It just figures, doesn't it?
Can't have palm trees
warm weather
360 days of sunshine
ocean and beaches
fruit trees in the back yard.
Nope, the ONE and ONLY thing we have in common with California?
earthquakes.
Life just isn't fair.

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

I wondered if you felt the earthquake. Bizarre...isn't it? Glad you all were ok.

Love,
Kim K.

 
At 2:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too thought our dog was really scratching herself! Until the large curio cabinet on my side of the bed started shaking too. My husband was in the shower, and rushed out to ask me if I felt the movement. He said it was an earthquake and to watch the news later. Our 2.5 year old slept right through it. Indiana in the Spring, isn't it great?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com