DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

For Cryin' Out Loud---It Didn't Take Me THAT Long to Get to China!

Over 14 hours and all 4 time zones later: Hello from
SUNNY, HOT (AND DID I MENTION SUNNY?)California!!!
Insane. Everytime I boarded a plane, I turned my watch back an hour. It was a real hoot to talk to Jeff. He would ask me what time it was and what time my flights were and I didn't even know what time zone to convert it to. (by the way, did you know that the enormous, entire country of China has only ONE time zone? I don't know how they do it, but it sure would be nice)

I started my day at 11:30am heading to the airport for my first of 3 flights. I got there and found out that my very first flight had been delayed by 3 hours, which would mean I'd miss all my connections. There was a storm heading in from Chicago (which was where I was headed), so the ticket desk suggested that instead of waiting, I take a bus to O'Hare. OK.
The bus ride was 3 hours long. It started to rain the closer I got to Chicago and I prayed that it would continue to stay rain until I got out of there.
I made a later flight to Denver, which I noticed was the LAST flight out of there. All later flights were canceled. As I got on the plane the rain changed to snow, but we got out of there in time.
I finally got to California at 1:30am.
I'm just glad I made it. I knew if I didn't get out of Chicago last night, I wouldn't be getting out for a couple of days.

I heard that we got a foot of snow back home. Whew. Did I dodge that one! And to think, I thought maybe I shouldn't go?? hah. hah. hah.

It's sunny and going to be 78 degrees here. AND! It's only 9:30am instead of 1/2 the day being gone already.

I'll be heading to the pool-----yes, the POOL-----later!

(haven't had time to get pictures yet, but I'll work on it)

1 Comments:

At 1:23 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

Oh my goodness. Just reading about your delays and time zone changes, makes me nervous. I would have been freaking out trying to figure that all out by myself. I'm glad you are there and soaking up the SUN! I'm jealous of your warm lovely weather. We're in one of those locations that got hit with more of the white stuff. I'm ready for pictures of your get-away!

Love,
Kim K.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com