DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Sunday, December 09, 2007

4 Month Liliana-versary!

Referral Photo: September 2006

Home: August 2007

December 2007
4 months ago today we met Lili in Guangzhou, China.
She was afraid of us, didn't want to be talked to or touched or even looked at. She was mad and sad and terrified.
Today, she is only afraid of......well....nothing! I was going to say she is afraid of not being with us, but that's not true. She willingly goes where we tell her to go and she just trusts that we'll always come back. All I see is dust now when I drop her off at pre-school! Everyone tells me that she is obviously very secure now. (hopefully it's that and not that she just can't wait to get away from me!!)
Lili continues to make very good progress with language as well as everything else.
Here's her newest words and phrases:
"Santa, ho, ho, ho"
"Stop it" ("Sop eet")
"I said no!" ("I say no!")
"What did I say?" ("Wha I say?")
"You're welcome" ("Yell come")
"Hold me please" ("Hol' me leeze")
"Up/Down"
"Where'd it go?" ("O kee go?")
"Twinkle, twinkle little star" ("Tinkle, tinkle Lili star")
"Come on" ("Tum on")
"Fonzie!" ("Funtzee")
Count from 1-20 with most numbers
"Too late" ("Too lay")
"Belle" ("Belwe")
"Cinderella" ("Sinquoia")
Can tell the difference between a horse and a cow ("Hoise", "Cow")
"Oatmeal" ("Oatmoy")
"Where are you?" ("Mo eye low?")
Ok, she's actually been saying this for months, but we thought it was a Chinese word, turns out, she was mimicking us saying "where are you?" :)
"Spongebob" ("Sun ba")
"See you later" ("See a lator")
"I want TV" ("Wan CB")
"Who did that?" ("Oo dee daa?")
"What did you do?" ("O dee do?")
"Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow" ("Soomorrow, soomorrow, I loo lu, soomorrow")
"No fun" ("No fuh")
"Uh-uh!"
"Hello" ("Heh yo")
"Sorry" ("soh yee")
"I am being nice!" ("I am be nye!")
"Careful" ("Cay ful")
"Good" ("Goo")
"Done" ("Duh")
"Snow, Wind, Rain" ("Sno, Win, Raiiiii") You can tell what time of year it is here!!
"Fire" (Fy yuh")
"Hard" ("Har")
"Today" ("Tooo dayyyy")
"Tomorrow" ("Soomorrow")
"See?"
"I'm done" ("I duh")
"I did" ("I dee")
"Red, blue, green, purple" ("Ray, ba-loo, geen, turpul")
Yep, she's quite the talker!!
(even her pre-school teacher said that she sure does talk a lot! and that she can understand most everything Lili says----which scared her!!)



1 Comments:

At 8:29 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

Lili is one smart cookie!! Congratulations to 4 months together. It's gone by so fast. Have a great week!

Love,
Kim K.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com