DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Saturday, September 22, 2007

One Month Ago Today....

we were on a LOOOOONG flight home.
I cannot believe we haven't even been home one month.
It seems like we've been back forever. It really feels like we never even left.
It seems like Lili's been here forever. It doesn't so much feel like we've had her since birth, just that she's been around forever.

Our agency just received another SN/Waiting Children list.
They, however have decided to change the process.
6 months ago when we found Lili, the list was sent out to all families in the process of adopting from China, or DTC (dossier to China).
Now they've decided to send the list out only to the families who are already through the review room in China. That means families who were LID before August 2006. If you recall, we were LID September 13, 2006. So, in a nutshell that means that we wouldn't have gotten the list.
Wow.
Our agency did say that any children who weren't matched with a family would be re-released to all the other families who are LID. So maybe Lili wouldn't have been matched with anyone and we would have "gotten" her anyway, but that's a chance I'm so glad we didn't have to take.
But on the other hand, Lili was meant for our family, hand-picked by God for us, so I'm sure we would've found our way to each other regardless.
I do know that a lot of families were really upset about the change, and I know I'd be one of them too.
I don't know. I'm just so glad to be DONE! DONE! DONE!!
I'm so glad that Lili's home.

2 Comments:

At 9:43 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

Congratulations on not having to go through another COP round with Bethany. Lili is such a blessing.

I was so ready to get off the Bethany COP rollercoaster (which is why we switched agencies).

Now, I can finally relate to the feelings you had of being so anxious and impatient on the continued paperwork process after your daughter was identified.

Continued blessings to your family,

Kim K.

 
At 7:51 PM , Blogger Ronda said...

WOW-one month...I have loved watching your blog and seeing how well Lili has adjusted. I just posted on my blog about being tired of this whole adoption process and we have not even left for China yet. I am with you...I am ready to be Done Done Done =) I look forward to the future updates about your family.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com