DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Sunday, September 02, 2007

"I Love My Life, I Must Say!"


Anyone else remember Martin Short as Ed Grimley on SNL?
This is Lili doing her best impression. Which, just about sums up the last 11 days in a nutshell.
We have one FUNNY girl! Wow.
She's just like our son. I swear, they may be from completely opposite sides of the world, but they couldn't be more alike if I had birthed them both. It's unbelieveable. She's even just about as sweaty as he is!! :)
Lili seems to be adjusting to life around here. She really does love her room, and about 8:30 every night, she asks to go to bed. Yes, really! She goes to her room and puts her arms up for us to lift her into bed, lays down and that's it. She just lays there till she falls asleep. She cried quietly a couple of nights for 5 minutes, but has not gotten out of bed.
Yesterday we met some more family members. She did really well and warmed up to everyone within 1/2 hour. After that, there was no stopping her. She loves not only to have her picture taken, but to take pictures of everyone, so that was a real ice breaker. We shopped all day, napped for a few minutes in the car, then straight to Meemaw and Peepaw's for a few hours. She didn't cry, mope or whine once. (unlike me who cried, moped, whined AND yelled during the Notre Dame debacle!!----don't even talk to me about it!!)
Today we went to church. She did VERY well during the service. Everyone was giggling as they heard, semi-quietly, "mama" "baba" from the back of the church throughout the service. Afterwards, Lili was shy as usual when it came time for everyone to meet her. They have all been DYING for weeks to meet her, so their restraint today was, I'm sure, very hard for them, but we appreciated their approach. She'll warm up to them in her own time, in no time I'm sure.
I haven't taken many pictures recently as the various, assorted Meemaw's have taken over that duty with unabashed glee! It'll be nice to see all the photos developed.
I'm adjusting as well to having TWO KIDS, one who goes to school all day and the other who is with me all day, following me around. I need to get used to that again. :)
We've been blessed. Lili is such a good girl. She's very self-sufficient and keeps herself entertained.
Nap time has been going well. About 1:00 I'll lay out her blankets on the floor of the living room. I'll lay down on the couch with the TV on, I'll say "Lili, take a nap", she'll go and lay on her blankets and within 15-20 minutes she'll be asleep for about 2 hours. She's a SOUND sleeper, so once she's out, I can move around and do things. That has been so nice. We both really need that break in the middle of the day. She wakes up quickly now and is raring to go right away.
She's been sleeping a good 10 hours a night too. So, we're all a little more refreshed than we were a week ago!
I can't believe we've only been home 11 days. It seems like we never left. It seems like we've had Lili forever. When I think that 6 months ago, we didn't even know about Lili, it amazes me!! Life is good.

1 Comments:

At 10:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife and I are heading to China on September 11th to pick up our little girl. We have follow your blog all this time. We want to thank you for sharing your experiences. It has really prepared us for our journey. May God bless you and your family.

Sincerely,

Pablo, Tonya & Andrew Leguina (soon to be four with Miss Alison)
Cambridge City, Indiana

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com