DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Jet Lag Sucks: The Whiny Post


The last couple of days have been rough.
The jet lag has hit us harder here at home than it did in China.
Lili screams and cries every night when she goes to bed. She has been waking up screaming and crying every morning between 3 and 4am, then she's up for the rest of the day. She spends a good part of the day crying, I'm sure because she's exhausted. She needs a nap, but fights it. She just seems bored all day. And, really, by the end of a 19 hour day with her, I'm pretty unattractive myself.
Tomorrow Brett goes to school and Jeff goes to work. I have to say I'm dreading it. I think she's going to spend the entire day asking where they are. They went to church this morning and she cried when they left. Right now she's watching her Chinese singing (makes my ears bleed) DVD.
Allow me to explain the reason Lili and I aren't in church. Our Pastor came over Friday afternoon. She freaked out, screaming and crying and curled into a ball the entire time he was here. She did the same thing to Jeff's mom yesterday when she came over. Just 2 days before when she came over Lili was charming and sweet and happy to see her.
I'm starting to worry I'll never see the light of day again.
Our neighbor girls knocked on our door yesterday and Lili was saying "No, no, no" and started to curl up into a ball again. I have to say when I see her do that, it just strikes a nerve with me-----I can't stand it. The last few days have been eerily reminiscent of Gotcha Day and it just upsets me greatly.
I know Lili is adjusting to a lot of different things. I know it's going to be rough, but crap, it's rough!
It's hard because we're so happy to be home and back to normal and she doesn't feel the same way.
We'll get there.
(Oh dear God, we WILL get there, won't we??????????)
Anyway, I'm just kind of blah right now, forgive me.

3 Comments:

At 3:36 PM , Blogger Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

I know its tough. It will get better!

 
At 6:16 AM , Blogger Jen, Dave, Leah and Daniel said...

Hang in there! Sending positive thoughts your way. Have not BTDT yet, however, I have read this is a normal transition. It WILL get better :)

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

Thinking of you and hoping for better days ahead. Hang in there.

Kim K.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com