DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Movin' along

I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with the way things have been running. It feels SOOOO GOOD to have most of our paperwork signed, sealed and ready to be delivered.
(sorry if I've already covered this, but it's all I have right now!!)
We have to have a couple things re-done, but they're just things that we can type up anytime we need them, so it doesn't involve appointments or waiting for forms or anything which is GREAT news!!
We're awaiting our passports which (hopefully) should reach us within the next week or so. I just can't wait to see them----our pictures are SO PRETTY!! I'm going to show them off to everyone!!! I tell you, if they match us with a baby based on those pictures, we should expect to receive a baby that looks like a pasty-faced felon! Ahh, vanity!!
We're also waiting for our home study report. When the social worker gets that done, she'll send it to immigration and then we'll get our fingerprint appointments. Then we get to wait ANXIOUSLY for our next immigration form that AGAIN tells the world that we're approved to adopt. This form should only take, oh, about a MONTH or TWO to get to us (that's if all goes well)!! Talk about protesting immigration laws---geesh!!
I'm of course busily planing the nursery (I have to have control over SOMETHING!!)
I want to go girlie, girlie shabby chic. Pink and cream and sage and white---mmm, mmm, mmm!!My luck I'll have a tom-boy that hates dresses and bows and pink--tragedy!
Sometimes it really floors me how much I want this. I want to go to China, I want my daughter. I've been waiting months and months already and my interest and desire hasn't waned a bit. (ask me in ANOTHER year how I feel and it may be a different story!)
I know I'm staring down the barrel of another possibly 18 months and it's OK. I know I'll get antsy and freak out at times, but I just have to stay the course.
I'm really looking forward to our dossier being in China. That will be a big relief. At least I'll know that every month that passes is a month closer and that we are moving ahead, however slowly, but we will be in the process, moving along. That's very good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com