DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Calm is my watchword

When I started this process I thought I was really going to be all gang-busters with the paperwork. I really thought that if it was all just left in MY hands, it would be much better.
Maybe I'm just shutting down from the very thought of it. Maybe I'm just lazy, I don't know, but it just seems that there's so much more I could be doing.
I still haven't sent in the I600A yet. I probably should've mailed it WEEKS ago. I have it all filled out and the cash for the money order. I even have the envelope addressed, but it's still sitting here as I type, mocking me. Maybe I'm one of those people who sabotages themselves for some reason......I really want to mail this out, but I'm kind of antsy about the whole thing. Maybe I'm afraid that it's filled out wrong and they'll send it back, which will mean weeks or months of delays. Maybe they'll turn us down for some reason.
........You know, putting it in black and white, I think that's exactly what it is. As long as I have it here with me, it's all OK. I mean, it looks like it's done right. It's all offical looking and so pretty with our signatures! Surely there isn't anything wrong with it. Surely they can't turn us down.
I seriously need to learn to give up some control!!!! I obviously have MAJOR control issues!
Honestly, though, things are progressing. I've scheduled our physical exams, which will be in 2 weeks. We're going to apply for our passports this Friday. (we're getting our pictures taken today--say cheese!) I've gotten our county birth and marriage certificates. I even have our 2005 tax return done and mailed out. everything is going to be OK.
We also have our home visit scheduled for next Monday. I'm actually NOT nervous about that. Which, of course leads me to believe I SHOULD be nervous, and what the heck's going to happen because I'm NOT nervous?! (so now I guess I AM nervous----)
We're starting to get busy with paperwork now, which is a good thing. This is exactly what I wanted to be doing when I thought we were never going to get moving. So, I AM happy that we're moving along.
Well, I'm off. I'm going to go get my money order and mail my I600A out TODAY! grrr!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com