DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

"I Feel Connected..."

Okee dokee, this is the final, completed, finished house with my car in the driveway as if I finally belong there :)
Oh yeah, they installed the sod a couple days after we moved in. The first week of the entire year that it DIDN'T rain and was 90-95* every single day. So, there's some yellow spots. Big deal.
Moving the stupid sprinkler every 5 minutes for an hour=yellow spots. We'll live with it.

Her Highness's Room
A few weeks ago, we made it to the closest IKEA to us, with a truck, and we had like an hour there. How heartbreaking. I did happen to pick up the cute little canopy for Lili. And, that was about it :(

Our kitchen, painted green. If you notice that the backsplash isn't looking so hot, not to worry, at some point we'll be installing subway tile.....

One view of our basement which has been a total lifesaver. If our builders hadn't finished our basement family room, I'd probably STILL be at Meemaw and Peepaw's....just kidding mom and dad (who are breathing a HUGE sigh of relief and thanking our builders profusely!)

Our Big Lots sofa....after a couple weeks of sitting on a basement floor, and knowing that Big Lots is 2 minutes away, well, it'll do!
So far so good for the internet. We got the modem in the mail, so we're not sure how to connect again after we turn the computer off.
Geek Squad, we are not.
Hopefully we're online for good. I can't believe how unconnected and uninformed I've felt over the past few weeks. We didn't have satellite for a week either. No phone for that matter, either. It was really, really creepy.
The day Michael Jackson died, for instance. I was driving to Hobby Lobby and I heard a Jackson 5 montage. I thought it was odd and then I heard the DJ say he was dead. Jeff had no idea when I got home.
Just weird. We're not techies by any means, but we really do appreciate all our luxuries.
Promise one of these days, I'll have pictures of the kids doing something .......

2 Comments:

At 10:03 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

The pictures are wonderful. Congratulations on the house. It's lovely and everything looks so new!! I'm glad you are back online again. I've had serious withdrawal. Hugs.

 
At 5:25 PM , Anonymous Trish said...

Yea! So glad that you're back to the cyber-world - I missed popping in and seeing all the updates! Your house looks great - You are amazing, we've been in our house for 5 1/2 yrs and I swear there is still stuff to unpack/sort/paint! BTW, have now that you're connected again have you been to the FB site to check out all the reunion photos? I didn't see your smiling face - but since I had to scan the photos you can tell I was a no show as well. I figured you'd be a little busy as it was your moving weekend.

Love the pink canopy, great minds think alike - Brooke has one over her bed too! They feel so princess-y going to bed at night!

Take care and keep on bloggin'
Trish

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com