DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Happy Troy Aikman Day!

If you look below, you'll see my pictures from the College Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival, aka: Troy Aikman Day.
It was a day filled with fun and lots and lots of photo ops.

This morning, I got to the Hall of Fame at 7:20am to get in line for autograph tickets. I was about 150 people back. Some people slept there. Considering it rained all night and was about 50 degrees, more power to them. I would get my 9 hours of sleep and take my chances. I made it and got my ticket.
The parade was at 10:00am. Wonderful parade and beautiful weather. The skies cleared and it was sunny and cool.
After the parade, actually before it ended (right after Troy), I ran back to the hall to get in line for the autograph session. Again, about 150 people back. All's well that ends well, I was able to get in and get all my autographs.

I had Troy sign a jersey, Jay Novacek signed a Cowboys helmet and Lou Holtz signed my "Play Like a Champion Today" sign. All the other guys signed my Enshrinement program. (None of which will I be selling. I couldn't believe the people there with their boxes, bags and crates of things for these guys to sign just so they could sell them. Never in a million years would I part with anything from today....just beyond me.)
After the autograph session was the pep rally, then the kids' football clinic.
I am exhausted. Standing around waiting all day really gets to you after awhile.
I am so very glad I got to experience it all.
It was a wonderful, wonderful time!

1 Comments:

At 9:26 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

You are one very dedicated lady to your football hero. You go GIRL! We're back home in MI. I have do desire to travel with Josie on a plane anytime soon. What's up with this chilly weather?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com