DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Friday, August 22, 2008

Back to School=Lack of Posts

Can you tell we're all back to school around here?
There has been a complete lack of picture taking lately. Actually the least amount of pictures ever taken in the last year. Sad, very sad.

All is going well with school. I'm settling in to working again, Brett's settling in to 5th grade and Lili's settling in to ALL DAY kindergarten. She's doing very, very well. She's even gone to the after school Boys and Girls Club a couple of times. She begs me to let her go.
The other heart wrenching thing she's doing to me is making me drop her off before the school entrance. Yep: "Mama, you stop here. Lili get out now." Already like a teenager asking to be dropped off way far away so no one sees me because I'm such an embarrassment. And she got to this point on DAY 3!! sigh.
She's bringing home all sorts of papers, learning letters and numbers and shapes and colors. She will NOT let me throw anything away. "Mama, no garbage. please !" eek. Kind of makes me feel just a tiny bit guilty when I wait to pitch it until after she goes to bed. (shhhh....don't tell her, she hasn't noticed yet)

Oh my gosh! I just realized that last year at this very moment we were on our way home. We were on our plane from Hong Kong to Chicago. I think we were about 2.5 hours into our trip. We landed in Chicago around 8-9pm (I think). Wow. All through the olympics I've been thinking about how we were there. This was the day we went to the zoo, or the medical exam, or the temple, etc. And now we were gone, and the olympics are coming to an end. We're really going to miss watching it.

Well, that's about it for now. Nothing thrilling or exciting happening around here.
What am I saying? EVERY day is thrilling and exciting around here. woo hoo :)

1 Comments:

At 8:36 AM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

It sounds like things are really going very well with Lili's adjustment to school. I'm so happy for you. Emma doesn't start school until Sept 2.

We had a first yesterday. Josie didn't cry all day at daycare. However, she didn't nap and she didn't eat lunch or snacks, so she was starving at dinner last night. She actually slept ALL night long (a first in weeks) because she was so tired. Maybe daycare will be a good thing afterall!

We'll miss the Olympics too. It's been so much fun to watch.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com