DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Friday, March 09, 2007

Lili-Lily-Lilly, "A lily by any other name is just as sweet"


We had our homestudy update phone call Monday night.
I have to say, I really love our social worker. Like we could be friends. We mesh. She has a sense of humor and she understands mine. Like when I actually giggled when she asked me about any recent drug use and/or child abuse. She understood why I giggled and didn't seem put out. I guess I giggled because, look, if the stress of this last year hasn't made me turn to drugs or abuse, nothing EVER will! It's insane and absurd! Yet, even she told me that I seem so positive about this whole thing. And I do. Maybe I'm living in a dream world. Maybe I'm completely out of touch with reality.
Maybe.
Maybe not.
I pray for miracles every day. I know that miracles not only can, but do, happen. I know that. And that's what keeps me going. I cannot help but have this sense of anticipation every day. I do know that the phone's not going to just ring one day and I'll be on the plane to China. I know that. But, we don't know what God is doing right now. Maybe He's working those miracles for us right this instant. Maybe things are going to change. What He does can happen in an INSTANT. Poof!
Maybe He's got something in the works. I don't know when I'll find out if He does, but I think that's what that sense of anticipation is based on. God never rests. The CCAA may be closed for the weekend, all our agencies may be closed for the weekend, but God is still working and He's still in control.
I grow SO tired of the sites that try to predict what's going on and what's going to happen. They always say that the CCAA is in control. Which, from a certain standpoint, they are. But NO ONE is in control but God. Truly and honestly. And that is what makes me have faith that things can change. If God wants them to.
Someone told me that when people pray they should begin with "God, I know You're listening" and end with "Thank You for listening". He's there. We just have to want to know Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com