DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Had Myself a Merry Little Christmas

Well, Christmas is over. That's always sad for me. The only thing that makes it a little more tolerable is 2 weeks vacation. Not that we're going anywhere, but that's fine with me. I'll save up all my traveling blues for the trip to China.
We had a very nice Christmas, as always. I got a lot of ladybug stuff and baby stuff too. I got some things for the nursery--bedding, curtains, crib bumper. Some things for Lili--onesies, socks, shoes. Some things for me--ladybug necklace, Asian scrapbook items, diaper bag.
And I just wonder what next Christmas will be like? Will the wait have worn on everyone (not just us) by then? Will the excitment have waned? Will anyone even really believe we will ever have our baby? It scares me. Time really does have an affect on people. Will we all be hardened by the wait? Will there be a spirit of defeat? I don't know. All we can do is WAIT and see.
I've been leary to buy anymore clothing for Lili. I really don't know how old she'll be. We know that anything over 3 or 4 is just too old for us. I don't want to have her come home and then go straight to school. I really want an infant, but we're opening up more and more to special needs. I guess, mainly because the wait time's so long. That's terrible to say. Like the only reason we are open to it is because we're impatient. But, maybe that's the main reason. I don't know. We'll just have to WAIT and see (!)
Oh well. I guess I'm just in a reflective mood. I'm consumed with the wonder of what Christmas 2007 will bring----if anything.
By the way, I'm really glad I sent out the adoption newsletter. I've gotten a lot of positive comments about it. People have been really receptive and more understanding. So, good. I'm glad I did it.
Here's hoping that 2007 will really put a fire under the CCAA and many people's baby dreams come true!

3 Comments:

At 9:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs! I feel the exact same way. It is frustrating to say the least. I guess all we can do is still hope for the "speed-up" Good luck!

 
At 4:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the same. We are LID 9-3 and it is wearing us all down. I want our babies home now!

 
At 8:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayer is that this is our year! Lucky 8's!...remember. My goal this January is to start the nursery...it sounds like most of you have finished yours...I'd love to see pictures! We're still going back and forth with our name choice!! I decided to e-mail you because the first name choice we have is also Liliana! LID (8/30/06) We just finished providing foster care for a newborn baby who was just adopted by a family in PA. We miss her terribly, but we know her forever family is just awesome-they should be, God chose them! We cared for her for the first four months of her life. Our hope is that our baby receives the same amount of love and care as we gave her! Now that she is no longer with us, I really need to forcus all my attention on our baby girl! Let's all pray that we go to China this year!! Do you think I'm being unrealistic??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com