DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

December--Month # 3

December 13th---we have been LID for 3 months today.
Man, I remember when that used to MEAN something.
At one point, it meant that you were halfway done with the wait. Then, a third of the way done, I'd even take a FOURTH of the way. But, at this point in time, we'll be lucky if it means we're a tenth of the way done. But, what are you going to do? We're in it now, no backing down, no pulling out....so, we wait.
I sent out a "family newsletter" with the Christmas cards this year. I HATE family newsletters and have never envisioned myself as one of those self important people who are so fabulously busy they can't possibly put pen to paper and scrawl a personal message once a year.....................
......but I digress.
I figured that I'd just give everyone a brief history up till now in our adoption process. Hopefully it will also pre-empt those "Have you heard anything yet?" questions. Like China is just going to call us one day and we'll go. I guess domestic adoption can be that way, but not China, folks.
So, the letters are out there. Believe me, I could teach a class on China adoptions, but I tried to fit it all on one page and not utterly confuse everyone. Hopefully, people will understand it all. And hopefully, more than anything, I won't have to write another one next Christmas. Hopefully our Christmas card will be the FOUR OF US happily ever after!! (a girl can hope, can't she?)
Well, only 7 more days of school till Christmas vacation. Then when we get back, I get to tell my bosses that I'm not coming back next year!!!! YAY!! I cannot wait to get out of here! I think there's something like 105-or-so days left of school. Not like I'm counting the days or anything!!
Anyway, tonight is "CHINESE FOOD NIGHT". The 13th of every month we're eating Chinese food in honor of our LID. Silly? probably. But it's all I've got right now.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

I think eating Chinese food on your LID anniversary is a great idea. Wish I had thought of that. Now i'll have to steal your idea for myself!! :-)

Hang in there. 3 months down is nothing to sneeze at. Slow like a turtle. But didn't the turtle win in the end?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com