DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My Crib

I know that title sounds all cool and everything, but this really is about my crib, my actual baby crib (yo).
I have been longing for a Jenny Lind crib. I've seen a few online for about 100-150 dollars. eek. Not exactly something I'm just going to run out and buy for myself.
Fade to last Saturday.
One of the small towns in our area was having their annual town wide garage sale. And when I say "town wide" that means it takes about 10 minutes to get from one side of "town" to the other. I didn't hold out a lot of hope that I'd find anything fantastic, but I knew if I didn't go, there would be something amazing there and I'd regret not going. Usually, this thought leads me on a wild goose chase, a wasted day, and pent up frustration that it should've gone so much better.
Well, not this time!!! This time it was all worth it. This time, that little voice prompting me to just go ahead and go was RIGHT ON!!
I had almost finished for the day and was heading out of town with nothing. I decided to go down just "one more road" and lo and behold, leaning against the side of a deck was something that looked hauntingly "Jenny Lind"-ish. Hmmm. So I pull over. I don't want to rush right up to it, see, so I peruse all the typical yard sale fare---the used clothing, the dishes, the free puppies (FREE PUPPIES!!!!! Anyone who knows me knows that putting free puppies in front of me is like putting a wet bar in front of a drunk) Anyway, sorry puppies, not today. So, I saunter over to the crib with a very non-chalant, critical attitude. "How much is this?" I ask like I don't really care, bordering on disdain. The lady said that she didn't know how much it was, they were selling it for a friend and she wasn't there. "Oh" I say. The lady asks me to make an offer. "Oh no" I say "I don't have any idea how much to offer" (now, I was prepared to offer $20, but I didn't want to be insulting, so I made her name her price) "OK" she says "how about, oh, TEN DOLLARS?" TEN DOLLARS?!?!? Are you freakin' kidding me? I'd buy just about ANYTHING for ten dollars!! So I say "Oh, gosh, OK, I GUESS I'd be willing to pay $10." :O
Holy moly!! I was sooooo excited, if she wasn't such a skank I would've kissed her!!
Jeff was even impressed. He looked at it when I got home and thought I'd paid $50 for it. YAY!!
What a thrill! ---it's like the thrill of the hunt. I came, I saw, I conquered. Tah-Dah!
I'm thinking about painting it white. I don't know. It's so nice and cherry and shiny......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com