DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Monday, May 15, 2006

Let the countdown begin!

Only 7 more days of school!!! Woo Hoo! That means only 7 more days of work!! Woo Hoo!
In just 2 SHORT WEEKS I'll be able to go to bed when I want, get up when I want, shower when (and IF) I want, eat when I want, shop when I want, etc. etc.!!! YAY! I don't care that I'm pushing 40---summer vacation is STILL exciting! No more teachers, no more books.........
On the adoption front: we finally received our homestudy approval letter in the mail. That VERY SAME DAY we signed, sealed and delivered it! Hopefully, it's safe and sound at our agency today and will be sent on to immigration by the end of this week. But, of course, you never know. It may take WEEKS to get there for some reason.......not much I can do about it but complain! (oh and you BET I will :)---stay tuned!)
I wonder how many more Mother's Days will go by without my daughter. Depressing thought. Maybe one more, maybe NO more (please!!) Either way, I'm very blessed to be a mommy to my son. He's one heckuva kid. It will be really interesting to find out what he's gonna do with his life (hey, he's 8 1/2---he better start thinking about it!!) He's funny, funny, funny. I know most kids are funny because they're kids, but this boy is way out there. Funny is an art form with him, not just a side effect. He never ceases to amaze me. He is so good natured and just lets things roll off him. (sometimes that's very annoying----isn't he LISTENING to me?)
Anyway, Lili is going to be very lucky to have him for a big brother. He'll be the type of guy that will protect her, entertain her, and love her immensly forever.
If he turns out to be anything like his father, his future wife will be very lucky too. (right now, he's like "ewwww! girls :P" But, again, if he's anything like his father, he'll learn soon enough!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com