DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

"Baldy" Go Where No Man Has Gone Before


Went to Mt. Baldy a couple weeks ago...BEFORE the weather turned hot when we'd KILL to be at the beach (!!) As we climbed up the gigantic shifting sand of death, all I could wonder was HOW I was going to make it up the Great Wall of China? Now I know I have at least a year or two to train and prepare my body, but, um I'm not thinking that's going to happen. What will happen is that the stress of the wait, rumors and overall nothingness will only serve to make me want to eat and sleep. You'd think that one of the side benifits of not being pregnant would be no weight gain.
Well I'm here to tell you that wait=weight.
I gained 40 pounds with my pregnancy, I'll probably gain 60 with my adoption!
I was talking to my best friend from school (Hi Trish!) the other day and we were talking about working out and dieting and buying eye cream and makeup that "doesn't sit in fine lines and wrinkles" and we wondered what the heck happened? WHEN did we turn 35 and become women that need to worry about this stuff? When did our metabolism slow down, and who the heck replaced our images with our mothers' when we pass by the mirror?? Inside, mentally, I still feel like I can hang with the cool teenage girls, then I realize that I am old enough to be their mother and it's kind of pathetic. sigh. I should be glad I'm over 30. You have to be at least 30 in order to adopt from China, so there---Miss Brightside!

***UPDATE***
We just got our fingerprint appointment letter in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!
We're going next Thursday!!! Jeff is going to take the day off and we're going to the statehouse to get everything we have state sealed, then we're going to run by our agency and have them check everything over and see if it's all OK. If not, we should have time (plenty of time!) to get thinkgs done over before we get our I171-H. HOPEFULLY we should get our dossier to China sometime this summer (?!?!?)
Jeff told me that once we get LID, I can buy one outfit/month for Lili. With the way things are going, that's going to be one well dressed kid. She'll have new clothes for the first 5 years of her life!!
Oh well, onward and upward!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com