DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Summer Vacation 2011: Day 1



























Since I've been such a hideous blogger lately (and I've heard about it too!), I've decided to embark on a little summer bloggy-venture.
I'm going to try , I repeat, try to keep a record (hopefully most with pictures) of every single day of our summer vacation this year. I counted down how many days total, and the number scared me: 85! That's it?! 85! It doesn't really sound like much of vacation when it's only X number of days till school starts. Yikes!
So, this year, we're going to try to live it to the fullest. Everyday, I'm going to give the kids 2 choices for the next day. They each get a vote, with me being the FINAL vote, thank you very much. We all vote before bed about what to do the next day and we DO it. For example, today's choices were:


















  • Go to the park







or


















  • Stay in our PJs all day and watch a movie together







We all (whew!) decided to go to the park since it wasn't too cold or too hot and we actually saw the SUN today!! We went to 2 parks, ate a picnic lunch and had 1/2 off Steak and Shake shakes. I did take pictures, but I'm too worn out to load them :)
Tomorrow's 'decisions' are:


















  • Clean the house







AND


















  • Stay in our PJs and watch a movie ("Aliens in the Attic")







Not much of a choice for tomorrow, which I warned them about in advance. No choices when it comes to work.
So, we'll see how this whole thing goes.
I think that we'll enjoy looking back at summer when it's 20 below and snowing, which around here, could be next week.
Just an idea I had in the middle of the night. Kind of a challenge, if you will.
Hang in there with me and keep me accountable. I'll get pictures on here too, but I *promise to try* to blog our daily activities.

1 Comments:

At 6:32 AM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

I promise I'll be checking back for pics this summer. Enjoy that vacation with the kiddos. We've got 6 1/2 days left of lunchboxes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com