DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Butt is Kicked


We're STILL moving. Can you believe it?
Jeff and I have spent the better part of each day since Saturday moving crap we don't need into the largest storage shed known to mankind.
And we're still not done.
We need to be out of our house by Thursday. As in 'the day after tomorrow, Thursday'. I know we'll make it, but it might just very possibly kill us (which, in hindsight, would make our senseless need to accumulate crap pretty foolish, huh?)
We are, however, residing full time at the parents' house.
Things are going well. We finally pried the cats out from under the TV, Lola finally stopped giving them the stink eye for having to share Meemaw and Peepaw's house with them and all us humans are settling in.
It should work out well. temporarily. I have to keep reminding myself it's temporary.
Sometimes I catch myself thinking that this is the rest of my life. I have to remind myself that we WILL have our own house again. soon.
They are going to start excavating our foundation next Thursday. That's exciting. Exciting in a surreal way.
We did find a model home that's similar to ours. We'd like to take Brett to see it this weekend. Kind of get him involved in the planning stages. NOT Lili though. Don't quite think she could grasp it. Poor kid, life is just one surprise after another for her :)
OK, gotta get back to work.

1 Comments:

At 2:28 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the poured foundation. This is very exciting and I'm thrilled for you. I've got house envy. It's time limited.

PS. We moved in with my parents (before Emma was born) as we were remodeling our first house from top to bottom. It was an interesting 3 months (smile). Keep in mind, my parents own and live in a funeral home.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com