DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A Chapter Ends, And A New One Begins...


I'm going back to work. yikes!
I heard through the grapevine that the lady I filled in for back in April (at our high school) isn't coming back next school year. Since she took over the job from me originally, I figured I'd let the principal know that if they were replacing her, I'd be interested.
Well, it sure didn't take long to get that ball rolling! I talked to him today and he said that the job is mine and thanked me for coming back!
So, I got my ego stroked for the day. :)
I'll be working 16 hours a week at the high school.
When I had the job before (from 2003-2007) it was 30 hrs/week and I worked at 2 elementaries, the middle school and the high school (I resigned at the end of the 06-07 school year after we got Lili's referral). They ended up splitting my position into a 30 hour position plus another 16 hour position in 2006 because 30 hours just was NOT enough time to get everything done. As a matter of fact, right before they split my position, the principals honored me with an "Above and Beyond the Call of Duty" award. (which I totally deserved, by the way!) ;)
I'll be dealing with special education conferences, referrals, evaluations, etc.
Not the most exciting job in the world, but you just can't beat the schedule. I'll be working 2 days a week and I'll have all the same vacations as Brett and Lili, snow days, and all that good stuff. So, while I'm REALLY thinking I'm insane for volunteering myself for this job, I'm thankful that I have a job if I want one and that the schedule is just fantastic (the pay's not bad either).
It's just like a took a one year sabbatical. It's funny how it all worked out.
I started working in the school system when Brett started Kindergarten, and I'm starting again when Lili starts Kindergarten. spooky, huh?
5 weeks from today I start school!! :O

2 Comments:

At 5:33 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

Congratulations on returning to the work force. Your schedule sounds ideal. You can't beat snow days, Christmas, spring and summer vacations. Enjoy the remaining 5 weeks home.

Extra hugs.
PS. We found Josie's daycare today. I'm feeling a HUGE sense of relief.

 
At 10:07 AM , Blogger Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

congrats on the job!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com