DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

All Finished!


We had our 3rd and final visit with our Social Worker yesterday!
China requires post-placement visits at one month, six months and one year after returning home from China. Yesterday we had our ONE YEAR post-placement visit.
Unbelievable.
We won't see our Social Worker again.
We won't be in contact with our agency (former agency) again.
We won't ever have to deal with USCIS, passports, China, home visits, anything ever again.
Lili is ours, ours, ours.
And guess what I did last night when we got home? I checked the Rumor Queen to see if referrals had come yet! Jeff thought I was insane. (by the way, they only referred FIVE DAYS this month. I figured that would mean we'd have 2 more years of waiting to do if we didn't have Lili!)
I told Jeff I was a little sad that it was all over with. Crazy, I know. He couldn't believe that I could be sad . But I am, a little bit.
I mean, for the last 3 years I've been wrapped up in all things China Adoption. To be done, to not have to wait and worry, to not have anything to DO is just strange to me.
We won. We have the prize. Tah Dah!
I don't know, it's just strange.
Anyway, that's it.
11 months ago tomorrow was our 'Gotcha Day'!
11 months ago today we were on the Great Wall.
It seems like yesterday, yet it seems like Lili's been with us SO much longer than that. We can't believe it hasn't even been a year! All the things that she's done, all the things that she's been through and it hasn't even been a year. Whoa.
It's just all so surreal to me.
I am one blessed mama.

2 Comments:

At 11:36 AM , Blogger Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

Congrats on one year and being done with post-placement visits!!! Man has it been fun following along with miss Lili for the last year.

 
At 12:53 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

Congratulations on your final post-placement visit!! It's been fun reading all of Lili's accomplishments and milestones over the past year. I can't wait to follow her kindergarten activities. Thank GOD for the waiting children in China. They are such a blessing.

Hugs.
PS. What did you decide about work?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com