DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Monday, June 30, 2008

Time Flies

One year ago today we were ANXIOUSLY waiting for our TA. I remember it so vividly. All the worry, stress, sadness, anger.....and that was me on a good day.
One year ago we were on Day 23 of our wait. We ended up waiting 40 days. Just to think about it gives me shivers. That was a LOOOOOONG LOOOOOONG time to wait (especially for someone with my limited amount of patience).

Two years ago today we were in Indianapolis. We had received our I 171-H on 6/29 and we went to the Statehouse to get everything notarized and turned in to our adoption agency. I remember that day vividly too. We ended up making a day of it and went to the Children's Museum where we saw the biggest group of Chinese children this side of Guangzhou! There must've been hundreds of them. It was incredible.
And I'll never forget this:
We were in the museum cafeteria eating lunch and I was looking (OK, staring) at all the kids. I noticed Jeff looking at a little girl sitting next to us, probably about 4 or 5 years old. He told me he couldn't take his eyes off of her, that when he looked at her he just got chills.
Now, the reasons this is incredible to me are twofold.
One: Jeff rarely gets chills, especially from children. Shingles, maybe, but never chills.
Two: Jeff never, ever says dramatic things like that. That was pretty melodramatic for him.
I remember thinking 'finally! Jeff's excited about this whole thing too!' It was a memorable moment for me.

Oh, and 5 years ago today, Jeff and I were in the audience of 'Live with Regis and Kelly' and they got a shot of us in the audience. Brett and Meemaw were at home watching the show and Brett was SO excited to see us!
(we were in NYC celebrating our 10th anniversary)

Time, indeed, flies.

1 Comments:

At 2:30 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

Ah...the TA wait. Goodness gracious I am so glad to be on the other side of that with our adoption. I remember how clearly you told me the pain would go away as soon as we had Josie in our arms, but I couldn't see it. I was only a obsessed crazy woman in need for our LOA, TA and CA.

Cheers to your approaching anniversary of Lili day!!

Love,
Kim

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com