DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Monday, June 09, 2008

Final Pageant Practice and a Little Pre-Pageant Fashion Shoot


This is Lili's 'theme outfit'. Every girl has to have a theme. Something that they like, something that they want to be when they grow up, etc. Since the only thing Lili wants to be when she grows up is a Disney Princess, I figured we'd stick with dance. Ballet, actually.

And here's Lili's dress. It has a crinoline built in, but I was able to find another crinoline at the thrift shop across from my house for $2.00, so we added that too. (a girl just CANNOT have too much pouf!)


And last but not least, THE SHOES! We found these little beauties at WalMart of all places. Lili loves, loves, loves them but isn't allowed to wear them till after the pageant.

So, there you go. The pageant is this Sat. evening at 5:30. But before that, we have the 'Judge's Tea' and the dress rehearsal to get through.

Busy week.

And, I must say, this whole pageant thing must've turned Lili into a lady. gasp. Yesterday's practice went very well. She even says "My name is Lili" instead of just "Lili" when asked. pretty impressive.

I just DO NOT know what to do with her hair. Wouldn't you just know that EVERY OTHER GIRL has long, flowing locks that will be primped and curled to the nth degree. And then there's Lili......I'm not sure whether I should put in a head band, one hairclip, two hairclips or some sort of 'tail'..........

any brilliant ideas?


4 Comments:

At 8:52 AM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

Oh my...Lili looks too precious. I especially love her sparkle shoes. I always love Lili's hair when it's in a headband. Is she good about keeping headbands on her head? Josie still rips her barrettes out nearly as quick as I can stick them in her hair. I'm so looking forward to reading all about the pageant next week.

PS. I survived my first day back at work yesterday. Josie kept pointing to the garage door and saying "Mommy shopping". Yep. I went shopping for 9 hours, sweetheart. This morning she howled when I left. I think the jig is up. Chris was amazed at how busy she is during the day...payback time!!

Love,
Kim

 
At 11:36 AM , Blogger Mom on the Run said...

I second the vote on the headband. I love the dress!!!

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

too flippin cute!!!

 
At 12:25 PM , Blogger Ronda said...

The dress is sooo pretty and the shoes are great. Since Lili's hair looks like Ella's-I would do a headband. Good Luck in the pageant-Ella thinks Lili is now a princess-she is a tad confused.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com