DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Sunday, April 13, 2008

I guess I'm one of those mothers.....

I signed Lili up for our local town pageant today.
I had a sickening feeling about it mingled with a 'why not' attitude.

I really don't want to be a mother that puts her daughter in a pageant, but Lili's so darned into singing, dancing and dressing up that I figured she'd love it......
...we'll see.

We went to the informational meeting tonight.
It pretty much went how I expected a pageant meeting to go.
Lots of mothers there checking out the competition. It wasn't the warmest room I've ever been in, if you know what I mean.

There was instruction on what to wear, the 'theme' outfit, etc.

Then there was the discussion about how to not change hairstyles because there's not a lot of time between wardrobe changes and how not to change make-up because there's just no time for it.........................
not to change the MAKE-UP ??????

OK, seriously, I just about freaked out.

I DID NOT go to a meeting of some pageant pageant where the girls wear sky high hair and blue eyeshadow, did I? It certainly wasn't my intention anyway.

So, now I'm just kind of sick about the whole thing. Not only is Lili N-O-T wearing any make-up, but even if I did want to blow out her hair in country music superstar form, it just couldn't be done. She doesn't have enough hair....and what about the 'Judge's Tea' where all the girls sit around with the judges and demonstrate how eloquently they speak?? Do we have any business doing this at all?
I don't know.

But, just to show you how special MY kid is, when we were all standing up to leave Lili sneezed. Nope, not the cute little 'eechoo' sneeze that we always see at home, but a hairy, snot-flying 'AAAAAAAAAH CHOOOOOOOO' sneeze of a 60 year old truck driver.
So, as Lili stood there with a line of snot stretching from her nose to her hand, I grabbed her hand (the other hand) and we walked out of there with our heads held high......well, Lili held her head as high as she could, Mommy of course didn't have a Kleenex.

So, girls, I think the field is wide open. Nothing to worry about here.

sheesh.

1 Comments:

At 1:49 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

You SERIOUSLY made my day with that story. Thank you for being "one" of those mothers. I needed this post today.

Love ya,
Kim K.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com