DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Monday, May 21, 2007

Post #100!

In honor of my one hundredth post, I thought I'd list one hundred things (interesting, or not) about me, so here goes:
  1. Favorite Movie (comedy): Dumb and Dumber
  2. Favorite Movie (musical): Grease
  3. Favorite Movie (thriller): The Exorcist
  4. Favorite Movie (action/adventure): Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
  5. Favorite Movie (sci fi): Star Wars, all 6
  6. Favorite Movie (drama): Circle of Friends
  7. Favorite Movie (animated): Over the Hedge
  8. Favorite Movie (classic): Holiday Inn
  9. Favorite Movie Theme Song: The Tender Trap
  10. Favorite Actor: Cary Grant
  11. Favorite Actress: Shirley Temple
  12. Favorite Singer: Frank Sinatra (old school) AND Prince (forever!)
  13. Favorite Band: Poison (seriously!)
  14. Favorite TV Show (comedy): Laverne and Shirley
  15. Favorite TV Show (drama): Eight is Enough
  16. Favorite TV Show (action): Lost
  17. Favorite TV Show (animated): The Muppet Show
  18. Favorite TV Show (miniseries): North and South
  19. Favorite TV Show (sci fi): The Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman
  20. Favorite TV Show (reality): Shoot me---it's Survivor!
  21. Favorite TV Actress: Sally Field as Gidget
  22. Favorite TV Actor: Bruce Willis as David Addison
  23. Favorite Soap Opera: All My Children 1971-1997, and that's it, HATE it now!
  24. Favorite TV Theme Song: Welcome Back Kotter
  25. Favorite Food: Pasta
  26. Favorite Alcoholic Beverage: Beer (I'm a red-neck woman, I guess)
  27. Favorite Vegetable: Broccoli
  28. Favorite Side Dish: Potatoes, fixed any way
  29. Favorite Appetizer: Soup
  30. Favorite Fast Food: Fazoli's
  31. Favorite Meat: None, but if I had a gun to my head, chicken
  32. Favorite Restaurant: Hacienda
  33. Favorite Dessert: Chocolate Candy
  34. Favorite Ice Cream: Chocolate---soft serve
  35. Favorite Jello Flavor: Strawberry
  36. Favorite Cookie: Chocolate Chip
  37. Favorite Christmas Song: Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
  38. Favorite Song (Rock): My Sharona, The Knack
  39. Favorite Song (Country): It's Your Love, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw
  40. Favorite Song (Classic): The Way You Look Tonight, Frank Sinatra
  41. Favorite Song (Rap): Bust a Move, Young MC (OK, it's "rap-lite")
  42. Favorite Song (Easy Listening!): Mandy, Barry Manilow
  43. Favorite NFL Team: Dallas Cowboys
  44. Favorite MLB Team: Chicago Cubs (THIS is the year!!)
  45. No favorite NBA or NHL teams
  46. Favorite College Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish Football
  47. Place I want to live more than anywhere else in the world: New York City
  48. Place I want to visit more than anywhere else in the world: England (you thought I was going to say China, didn't you?)
  49. Place I want to be RIGHT NOW more than anywhere else in the world: Guess! CHINA!!
  50. Era I wish I lived in: 1920s
  51. Places I've Lived: Indiana and North Carolina
  52. Places I've vacationed: Jamaica, New York (no, not Jamaica Queens...Jamaica AND NY!), North Carolina, South Carolina, Utah, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, Louisiana, Florida, Arizona
  53. Where I Went To College: Ball State
  54. Where I Graduated From College: Indiana University
  55. My Degree: BA in psychology
  56. Favorite Job: Reference Librarian at a public library
  57. Favorite Leisure Activity: Watching TV!
  58. Best Friend In Elementary School: Tricia
  59. Best Friend In High School: Regan (Trish too!) and Rob
  60. Best Friend In College: My Roomie Karen
  61. Best Friend In Adulthood: My Hubby!
  62. How My Husband and I Met: LOONG STORY!! We went to high school together, he was a senior when I was a freshman. He was also good friends with Rob. He was dating the MOST GORGEOUS GIRL IN SCHOOL! and she treated him like crap. My friends and I used to call him "poor Jeff"! (he could DIE knowing we called him that!) Anyway, I never thought he'd give me a 2nd look and he thought the same thing about me. On April 6, 1991, I was home from college cruising around town with my friends. He was with Rob cruising around town. We met up in "free parking", went to a party together, went to eat at a truck stop at 4 am, went to my house to sleep (YES! SLEEP---Rob always stayed over at my house, on the couch, a floor below my bedroom). The next day, they came over in the afternoon, we hung out all day and the rest is history. We would alternate weekends, one weekend at Ball State, one weekend at home...always with Rob!! Until he got the hint that we could handle things on our own! :) And the rest is history. We married in July 1993.
  63. My Pets (childhood): (dogs) Buster, Stubby, Puffy, Sparky, Kermit, Tyler, Doggie-Dog(cats) Fritzi, Kitty Kitty 1 and 2, (hamsters) Crystal, Pepe
  64. My Pets (adulthood): (dogs) Abigail (and her pups for awhile), Joey, Ralphie, Buffy, Lola, (cats) Sophia, Madeline, (hamsters) Joey Buttafuoco, Rat, Yolanda, (turtle) Frankie
  65. Favorite Movies In High School: Grease, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Nightmare On Elm Street 1.
  66. Favorite Things To Do In High School: Cruise around town, hang out/have parties at my house, go to the $1 movies, go to the Drive-In, cruise around the lake
  67. Favorite Book In The Bible: Psalms
  68. Favorite Hymn: Amazing Grace
  69. Favorite Contemporary Christian Song: Shout to the Lord
  70. Favorite Day of the Week: Friday
  71. Favorite Time of Day: 8:00am (ONLY if I'm not at work!)
  72. Favorite Season: Summer---I'd love to say spring or fall, but where we live it's a choice between winter and summer, so given the 2, I'll take summer
  73. Favorite Childhood Crush: Shaun Cassidy, followed shortly thereafter by Leif Garrett (just typing that makes my hands sweat!)
  74. Useless Knowledge: I swear I know EVERY LINE from Laverne and Shirley by heart! I also know the line of succession of English Kings from The Conqueror through Henry VIII
  75. Favorite Book: To Dance With Kings, Rosalind Laker
  76. Favorite Author: Jean Plaidy
  77. Passion: Decorating, Flea Markets and Yard Sales
  78. My Brush With Stardom!!: I was on "Bozo's Circus" in 2nd grade. I played one of the team games and our team won. I was playing against my cousin. I got lots of prizes. I remember a ViewMaster canister set, a light up yo yo, autographed pics of Bozo, Cookie, and the rest of the stars. My mom also played a relay game. She won 2nd prize, but at commercial, they reviewed it, had made a mistake and told her she actually won 1st prize!
  79. The Thing I'm "Into" Now: DUH!! China Adoption, Chinese Culture, etc.
  80. Rooms In My House: 4 bedrooms, 2 full baths, dining room, eat-in kitchen, 2 living rooms, 3 season porch. We live in a house built in 1890.
  81. Favorite Room in the House: Tie between Lili's Room (pink!) and the Downstairs Bath (original pedestal sink and bathtub!)
  82. LEAST Favorite Room In the House: The "Workout Room"!!
  83. Favorite Sport to Play: Baseball
  84. Least Favorite Thing To Do: Sweat (SOO looking forward to South China in summer!!) :)
  85. OK, if anyone's still reading this---GOD BLESS YOU!! Even I don't find myself that interesting!!
  86. Something I Wish I Could Do: Sing
  87. Something I'd Do If I Knew I Wouldn't Die: Live in the wild among the animals, like in Africa or the Amazon
  88. I Would Love To Have Dinner With: Troy Aikman!!
  89. Favorite Athlete: (see above!!)
  90. My Nicknames From My Childhood: Nik, Nickle Pickle, Dr. Bones!
  91. What I Hope My Son Is Doing Right Now: His homework!!
  92. What I THINK My Son Is Doing Right Now: Anything BUT his homework! :)
  93. What I Wish I Was Doing Right Now: Shopping with Lili, Jeff and Brett in China!
  94. What My Husband Is Doing Right Now: Buying Shrubbery at Walmart
  95. What Lili Is Doing Right Now (?): Probably Still Sleeping---it's 6am.
  96. My Son's Latest Obsession: SpiderMan 3
  97. What's In Lili's Closet: Too many clothes!! ALL pink!
  98. What's In My Closet: Too many clothes!! So many, that my husband had to move to a different closet altogether!
  99. What's On My MP3 Player: Prince, Rick Springfield, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Poison, Motley Crue, 38 Special, 80's Hard Rock Hair Bands, Disco, Barry Manilow, Toby Keith, Top 25 Praise Songs--I like to be diverse!
  100. What I Hope You've Learned About Me: That I'm slightly interesting? And not a total weirdo!

If you followed along with me to the end, you deserve a BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE, and seriously, probably a big round of therapy!!! :)

3 Comments:

At 7:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! I rated a spot in your blog. I'm about to cry now...or did you include me because you knew I was reading every day?

Of course, I can attest to your knowledge of Laverne & Shirley but I think you're forgetting a nickname or two. I'll spare you the embarassment by not sharing them in this forum.

:-) Karen

 
At 8:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nik - long time reader, first time "comment"er. Wow - what an impressive trip down memory lane! Thank you for giving me a spot in your blog as well!

Here's a few suggestions for additional list items....

Comedy Sketch .. "Frightened Family"
Artistic work .. "Raijmp" (think middle school newspaper... GIRLS!)
80's Sitcom.. "Double Trouble" (C'mon Kate, you can't leave that out!!!)
Fake Restaraunt Reference in a Movie... "Der Pizza Haus"

Awesome... "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" -- still one of my favorites too! (10 years in SA and still never found that basement!)

:) Jutt-Jaw Gabby

 
At 1:03 PM , Blogger Nik's Knacks said...

OK you guys, Ms. Anonymous 1 and 2!! You DO like me!!

Ms. Anonymous 1,
Thank you for not indulging the world with any other of my nicknames, or acronyms that we usesd (FWF!), 'member that one?

Ms. Anonymous 2, when I saw "Jut- Jaw Gabby" I almost DIED!! And you're right, how dare I leave those items from your list out. Maybe I'll include them for my 200th post!! And don't ever forget: "If in Heaven we don't meet, hand in hand we'll bear the heat, and if it ever gets too hot, Pepsi Cola hits the spot"!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com