DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Friday, May 18, 2007

How NOT to start a meeting with me!

"So, you're hoping to travel in September?"
Yep, that's what our social worker said to us last night at our post-referral meeting. What a kick in the head.
After she saw the look on my face:
"Oh, were you thinking something else?"
Me:
"Yes, we've been thinking by August, maybe even July."
Her:
"Well, September would be 5 months."
Me:
"No, actually that would be 6 months from our referral."
Her:
"Yes, but your LOI didn't get to China until April." (April SECOND, by the way)
Me:
"Yes, but EVERYTHING that we've been told, by YOU, by our agency, every form, every email has said 3-5 MONTHS AFTER REFERRAL!"
Her:
"Oh, yes, I guess that's true."
Then she goes on to inform us that she just found out yesterday that where you are in the process affects time to travel. NO KIDDING! She should've just called me, I've known that all along.
We had an OK meeting. I really didn't listen to much after that whole September thing. At the end I joked with her that she should feel free to call or email anytime letting us know we got our LOA. Her response to that was a blank stare and a "what's the LOA?" argh! By then I just wanted to get out of there. We had to travel almost and hour and 1/2 to get there, it was 8:45pm and I just wanted to get home and die.
Jeff, by the way, thought the meeting went well. Mr. Freakin' Sunshine. He said he doesn't care when we go, just as long as we bring Lili home. Well, you know what? If I wanted sound reasoning I would've asked for it! >:(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com