DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Saturday, March 31, 2007

To China, With Love




We sent our care package today. US mail. $18 for delivery in 7-10 business days. Not bad!
I pray that Lili receives everything. I pray that the nannies look at our pictures with her and that she really enjoys seeing all of us and understands. I included pics of the dogs and cats. I figured she should be prepared for the zoo! (hope it doesn't scare her away!)
I PRAY that they take all the exposures on the disposable camera and return that to us. That's the one thing I want back. If they keep everything else, I just want the camera back.
I wrapped everything. I don't think I would've done that if she was a baby, but I thought she'd enjoy unwrapping her gifts. It's so hard to not know ANYTHING. Does she even know anything about what's happening? Does the orphanage even know? I guess they'll find out enough in 7-10 business days! :)
Will it make it harder on Lili to wait? I know that I'm really starting to get antsy. It's only been 16 days since our referral. 16 days? THAT'S IT?!?!?! And it hasn't even been a WEEK since we sent in our LOI............sigh.
We heard from people that it was harder to wait after you got the referral. After you had the picture and KNOW that's your daughter!! Couldn't be more true. It's like "Ok, she's MINE, why should we not be together NOW?" It's like she's being held for ransom or something! ahh!
Now don't get me wrong, we DEFINITELY need the time to get ready. I've been shopping (no kidding!) but we still need so much more just for the trip alone. We need time to get her room done. Time to get our crap together. Time to figure out where and how we're going to get the money. The money!! I haven't even given that much thought---that's what my husband's for! :)
So, OK, if we use our time wisely, this wait could actually be a blessing. For us anyway. For Lili, it's just more time passing without her mom and dad and brother. But, in her mind, does she even know she's missing that?
She'll probably start realizing it after she gets the care package. argh!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com