DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Kindergarten Field Trip




We had a wonderful day at the zoo.
The zoo that takes an hour to get to from where we live now, which will be 2.5 miles away from our new house :)
Believe me, you don't know how many times I thought of asking the bus driver to just drop me off....so hard to go by it and not stop!
Anyway, the day couldn't have been more beautiful. It got up to 86 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.
I had actually forgotten what it's like to be hot! woo hoo!
There was a playground across from the zoo where we spent the afternoon after lunch. Nice opportunity for the kids to get out their energy before the ride home. And, turns out, a nice opportunity for me to network in my new community.
I noticed several Chinese girls with several very "American" looking mothers watching them.
Now, I'm still not sure how to approach people and just flat out ask them personal questions about their children.
Thank goodness that one of them finally approached me. She said that they saw Lili and they saw me and assumed that Lili was probably adopted from China, but they didn't want to offend me, so they didn't say anything for a long time either. geesh.
So, long story short, they are a group of China adoptive families, probably about 8-10 families that get together for playgroups and holidays, etc.
So, I'm now included in their little group.
How's that for fate, huh?


1 Comments:

At 9:19 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

What a great field trip and how fun that the zoo is only a few miles away at your new house. I'm so glad you found other adoptive families today. I've found a great opener.."what province is your daughter from?" that seems to just open up the doors to talk about adoption.

Bring on the home construction pictures. I'm ready to see some drywall!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com