DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Monday, May 11, 2009

Ho Hum

Feeling a little under the weather and a little aggravated about this whole 'not having a home' thing....

Friday, Jeff had the day off (he has to take his remaining vacation days before June 1). So, we decided to go take a look at our house, even though we both said that we had no interest in going to see it this week since we had just been there Tuesday and we knew they wouldn't really have made much progress in 3 days. Should've stayed away.
We got there at 10:30 am and there was NOBODY there. No workers working on, well, anything .
That always makes me very angry. If I go there Monday-Friday before 5:00, there'd BETTER be someone there working, doing anything, making any kind of progress at all.
Jeff tried to get in, but all the doors were locked.
He did see that the drywall was done.
I didn't even get out of the car. Wasn't in the mood to stare through my windows (and see NO ONE working) because I'm locked out of my house. blech.


Saturday, I woke up in the middle of the night sick. Yuck sick. But, Jeff and I were planning on heading off for the weekend, so we went.
There was a really nice auction Saturday morning that I went to while Jeff went to Barnes & Noble and sat and read all kinds of DIY books and magazines to his heart's content with nobody breathing down his neck insisting that we go somewhere else and do something!
So, we both had a nice time apart from each other for a little while.
I'm used to going to auctions by myself. NO ONE else I know will go with me.
While I can't think of a better way to spend 6-8 hours, everyone else I know would rather get dental work done....oh well.
I did make Jeff check everything out before he left me. He found a mirror that he liked for above our fireplace
(that, by the way, isn't finished yet.....maybe that has something to do with the fact that NO ONE worked on our house Friday)
Anyway, he said that he thought it'd be worth $50. Wouldn't you know it, they didn't get to it till the end of the auction. But! I did snatch it up, and for only $25! Jeff was very proud of me. I got all kinds of other 'junk' that I just had to have. There really wasn't anything I wanted that I didn't win. Such a great feeling.
I went to another auction last Thursday while the kids were at school. Got some good stuff there too. I spent $16 total and got some old pharmacy/doctor bottles, enamel ware, canning jars, porcelain 'shabby chic' pieces and an antique Singer sewing machine table.
I love me some auctions.


Yesterday on the way home, Jeff and I stopped and picked up some flowers for our moms and for myself. Yes, I know I have nowhere to plant them
(maybe that has something to do with the fact that NO ONE worked on our house Friday),
but I figured if I waited till end of June/July, everything would be picked over and what's left would be dead, so I got some planters so I can at least have some flowers on the front porch. whenever they decide to get back to work and complete our house.
Know what else I got yesterday? A cold.
Must've been because me resistance was low and I picked something up along the way Saturday. Oh well, I'll survive.


It was nice to see our kids again and have them run to me yelling "Happy Mother's Day!" or, "Happy Mama-dy!" as the case may be!


Turns out, I have nothing to complain about, after all :)

1 Comments:

At 11:31 AM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

You are allowed to complain. I'd be testy too if I stopped by my house and didn't see a single worker WORKING!! I wish we lived closer, I'd love to go to an Auction with you. Hope you're feeling better soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com