DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Neighbor Stole My Blog Title, So This is What You Get

We had a ginormous ice storm here overnight Thursday into Friday.
My hilarious title to this post was going to be 'Ice, Ice, Baby'.
Original, huh?
Well, my neighbor beat me to it. Great minds think alike, I suppose.
I suppose we're dating ourselves anyway. Vanilla Ice? Seriously?

Anyway, we have some major ice around here.
To the north, they got snow. To the south, they got rain. We got hit with the worst part. Ice.
At least snow is pretty. Ice is just dangerous. We are expecting snow tomorrow though.
I do like a white Christmas. But come 12/26, I'm just about ready for 75 and sun, ya know?

At least we have electricity. My parents and grandpa have had NO power since 5 AM Friday. We went over to see them today and my dad and grandpa came over to our house for awhile. They made my mom stay and watch the fire. Hey, somebody had to do it :)
My dad was over the moon to have a shower and my grandpa watched TV with the wonderment of a child!
They're hoping to get the power back on sometime tomorrow. Yikes.
I can't help feeling guilty sitting here with all the lights on, the heat on, watching TV as I'm on the internet.......basking in the glow of all my luxuries.

We're having our annual Christmas at our house tomorrow for Jeff's family. I hope the weather holds out so everyone can make it. We always have a nice time. The kids completely forget all the rules and try to get away with murder while their grandma just laughs and lets them get away with it while my sis-in-law and I play games that no one else will ever play with us throughout the year.....ahh, yes, good times.

Hoping all of you have a very Merry Christmas!!
And thanks for sharing 2008 with me :)

2 Comments:

At 8:04 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

Have a wonderful Christmas with your extended family tomorrow. Keep me posted on your snowy conditions. We're suppose to get hit with more snow. This is unreal.

Josie has continued to battle a fever. Maybe doing surgery when she's down with a cold wasn't the best thing. Sigh.

 
At 9:01 PM , Blogger Mom on the Run said...

Stole!?!? I beg to differ :-)

I agree - great minds do think alike.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com