DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

July 24, 1993

The whole crew


SOOO excited to get our pictures taken.

First Dance


Weee! We're married !!!

Our Honeymoon at "Sandals: Negril"

OK, have you had a good laugh?!
The pictures above are pictures of the pictures (we don't have a scanner) so they're not the best quality----and believe me, I'm more than thankful that they're a little blurry!

FIFTEEN YEARS!!! :O
We cannot believe it. Not that we didn't think we would make it, but that it just went so fast!
I remember when my parents celebrated their fifteenth anniversary.
Holy crap. We're old.

I really wasn't into the whole 'wedding' thing, I just wanted to be married. I remember my mom asking me what I wanted, what I would pick, what choice I would make and I just DIDN'T care. It wasn't important to me. Jeff felt the same way. We wanted to celebrate our marriage with our family and friends and what color the napkins were just wasn't that important to us.
I was definitely NOT a Bridezilla. If I had been, I really don't think I would've even been a bride, because Jeff wouldn't have put up with it, so it's a good thing.

We do have a wedding video (slightly more hideous than the pictures, if you can believe it). VHS. No digital cameras, no DVDs......ugh. I feel so ancient.
By the way, Lili LOVES watching the wedding video. We hadn't watched it in 15 years, but in the last 6 months we've watched it a dozen times. She says "I like watch Mama long hair, pretty dress TV". She thinks I'm a princess. (did I mention I LOVE that kid?!)

Anyway, Happy Anniversary Jeffy!
Oh, and guess how we get to celebrate?!
We get to all go get Jeff's car fixed together!!!!!
No one knows how to celebrate like us!
Jeff's car crapped out this morning, so we get to follow him as he tries to drive it AN HOUR AWAY to the dealership and we get to WAIT till it gets fixed! I tell you, I just couldn't be more excited.

Jamaica, Schmamaica, mon.

(and Happy 15th Anniversary Steve and Karen! Can you believe it? Our neighbors have the exact same anniversary as us. spooky!)

5 Comments:

At 9:05 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

Happy 15th! I love the pictures...they are super! Your hair is indeed very princess-like. I hope you enjoy your romantic evening at the car dealer! Extra hugs.

 
At 10:21 AM , Blogger Mike and Barb said...

Hi,
I just came by from The Youngs and the Kenwards :-))
Little Lily is a beautiful little girl, and your stories about your family are too funny!
Happy anniversary (our 15th is in just a couple of weeks!)
Barb

 
At 12:19 PM , Blogger Mom on the Run said...

Happy Anniversary! I even put it on my calendar. Actully, we still have a week to go before we're "old" He, he.

But oh, remember the styles back then!! I agree, 15 years has gone past in the blink of an eye.

 
At 12:22 PM , Blogger Mom on the Run said...

By the way, what is it with the cars this week? Mine was in yesterday for repairs. I hope we didn't pass along a vehicular virus. :-)

 
At 8:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you need a signed release or something before you can put my picture on the internet?

Happy Anniversary guys!

*sigh* I feel old too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com