DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Whoa!


2 MORE DAYS TILL WE LEAVE FOR CHINA!!!!!
ONE MORE WEEK TILL WE finally MEET LILI!!!!!
This wait has gone from "we don't know" to "hopefully in the next 6-8 weeks" to "THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW!" in the blink of an eye!! wow.
Remember yesterday when I thought (and still think) I saw a picture of Lili?
Well, my son and my parents agree that it has to be her. I couldn't wait for Jeff to get home and see. So, he sees the picture and says "I don't know". I'm like, how could you not know. He said "maybe it is, maybe it isn't".
Now, one of the things that drives me crazy about this guy is his non-commital/I'll believe it when I see it/self-protection attitude about certain things.
Like throughout this whole adoption process.
I was so excited when we were DTC. He said "I'll be excited when we're LID".
I was so excited when we got our referral, he was too, but he was still unbelieving. He'll get really excited when we're officially approved, he said. And on, and on, and on.
I know why he does this, it's to "talk me down". I really am a dyed in the wool pessimist, but I'll take any glimmer of any kind of hope and run with it. I lead with my heart, he leads with his head. So, I guess he thinks that if I think I saw Lili, I'm going to be so disappointed if it's not her that Gotcha Day will be a complete let down because I'll be thinking about the girl I saw in the picture and wondering why that wasn't Lili (or something like that!)
And, really, what does it matter? In one week from right now, God willing, we'll be holding Lili in our arms.
It won't matter if I saw a picture of her the week before or not.
(but just between you and me, I still think it IS her and it will give me GREAT pleasure to tell him "I told you so"!!) :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com