DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Friday, October 12, 2007

Let Me Digress..........

OK, I just realized that my 2 most recent posts were going to be about the Cowboys and I came to the realization that maybe some people that read this just might not be Cowboys fans....gasp! So as I pick myself up off the floor, let me explain my history with the Cowboys: America's Team. Remember the '70s? That's when I discovered the Cowboys. I remember being in 4th grade and my "boyfriend" (who I really didn't even like to be around much, huh Trish?) was in LOOOOOVE with the Miami Dolphins, he hated the Cowboys so just to oppose him I started LOOOOVING the Cowboys. Now, spite isn't the best foundation for a relationship, I understand that, but bear with me.
I was in 4th grade in 1979. (holy crap I'm old!!) Anyway, in 1979 there was a TV movie about becoming a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader ("Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders" was the name of it.......how creative!) Jane Seymour was in it and I remember being in just total awe watching that movie. So, for Christmas that year, all I wanted was Cowboy cheerleader gear. I remember shopping in the big Sears Christmas Catalog in the sports section for jerseys, duffle bags, socks, anything with that big blue star, because before long I was going to be trying out and I needed to practice! (ahh, youth!)
I know my mom still has pictures of me dressed to the nines: Short white skirt, Cowboys shirt, blue pom poms and her old flag-girl white cowboy boots! (and a pair of L'eggs eggs stuck down my shirt for the REAL cheerleader look.................I cannot believe I just admitted that. argh.)
I held onto my dreams for a few years, I guess until in high school when I realized I still needed those L'eggs eggs and I just wasn't going to cut it!
But on a side note, I did come thisclose to becoming a Ball State Cheerleader........more on that some other time.

Then in 1989 a little something named Troy Aikman came along.
Holy Cow!! He was soooo hot! (I know in 30 years I'm going to be just like one of those ladies who STILL think Joe Namath is the bee's knees!)
But you just can't deny HOT!



Lili's first exposure to Troy Aikman.

"Wow, mama. You're right! Troy Aikman is the bee's knees!"
(and yes, Jeff is aware of my obsession. He thinks I'm nuts, but he's aware!)




So, GO COWBOYS!!!!!!! Beat New England (even though there's no way you're going to!)
I'll still be you're fan!



2 Comments:

At 8:42 AM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

Thanks for the personal history lesson on your COWBOYS. I think you need to uncover your Cowboys cheerleader outfit picture from your Mom and post it on your blog. (smile)

Kim K.

 
At 9:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, football rules!!! I'll be pulling for your 'boys but mainly because I can't stand to see those cheating smarmy Pats with an undefeated record!!! So please, Tony Romo, show up for the whole game - don't wait until the last few minutes of the 4th - NE won't rollover as easy as Buffalo did.

On another note, I can attest to your love for the Cowboys going way back, and even though I've never been a true 'boys fan, you're absolutely right on about Aikman :)

Lastly, was it the Dolphins or the Detroit Lions that your 'crush' was in love with? I thought I was remember some big NFL winter jacket with a Lion on the back of those cheesy zip up hoods? I could be wrong, but that could help explain his detest for the Cowboys, that along with his BFF's favorite being the Bucs they'd at least have a mutual foe - when they weren't arguing over their own teams. Oh well, it was a long time ago....

I do love the pic of Lili with the Troy Aikman. When does she get her very own DC Cheerleader outfit??

Trish

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com