DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

THE POST I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!

WE HAVE OUR TA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our social worker called at 11:59am today to let us know our TA is in!
I, of course, wasn't home (again!).
Every DAY for the last 40 days, whenever I come home and see that we have messages, no matter how hard I try, I get a little excited and hopeful. But, it's usually: a hang up, my son's friends, or someone else I wish hadn't called! So, today when I got home, I saw that we had 2 messagaes. I steeled myself and told myself NOT to get excited, NOT to anticipate anything. So, I went to the bathroom, put laundry in the dryer, anything to delay that utter dissapointment yet again. I was in the laundry room when I heard our SW screaming on the machine that I needed to call her NOW!! The next message was my husband telling me to pack my bags!!!
I cannot even express how wonderful it was to hear those messages.
THIS is what I've been waiting and praying for. I am just overwhelmed.
Overwhelmed with gratitude and shame.
I have been so FAITHLESS through this entire wait. I've moaned, complained, and given up.
I am humbled beyond belief that God still provides for me. He still loves me! I am in awe.
So, here's the nitty gritty:
We are leaving on 8/5 to go to Beijing to tour for 2 days and rest for a day.
We go to Guangzhou on 8/9 in the morning. I'm assuming that will be the day we get Lili--maybe 8/10!!!!!!!!!! (we'll be staying in Guangzhou the whole time----nice!)
Our Visa appointment is scheduled for 10:00am on Monday 8/20.
We should leave for home on 8/22.
That's a 17 day stay. wow. That's a long time. My SW said that too, but I told her it was OK because we never go anywhere!! :)
We should hear more by the end of the day from our travel agency. We should have a definite itinerary in the next couple of days.
EIGHTEEN MORE DAYS TILL WE LEAVE FOR CHINA!!!!!!!!!
Holy cow, I'm nervous!! :)

2 Comments:

At 4:45 PM , Blogger Musings from Kim K. said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to follow your journey.

From one Bethany family (hoping to finally one day get matched with a COP child).

Kim K.
http://youbelong.net/thekenwards

 
At 3:45 PM , Blogger Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

Oh my gosh...oh my gosh...oh my gosh. Seriously...I check everyday to see if it has come. I am so excited for you! I can't wait to follow along while you are in China with Lili!!!
Yahoo!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com