DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Ideas Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Lili-bug

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Blogger virgin!

Well, here I am bloggy world!! I've been perusing other blogs (Ok, lurking!) and I thought once I actually had something to blog about, I'd jump right in. So, here goes.
My family has decided to adopt a baby girl from China. Yay!!! We have picked an agency and our pre-application has been approved---we are OFFICIALLY good enough to parent a child, which I would assume makes our 8 year old son breathe a huge sigh of relief!!
We received the "real" application in the mail last Friday and are still trying to wrap our minds around the whole process. Yikes! I mean we KNEW it was going to be a lot of 1)paperwork, 2)red tape, 3)money and 4)time, but until you see it right there in black and white, I think you get lulled into a false sense of security or bravado or something---"I can do that" "I won't freak out"----so much for the strong facade! I'm already a mess just thinking about it, and we're barely at the beginning stages. So, I'm hoping that this blog will help me to cope with the next 2 years or so! How exactly do you write an auto-biography that covers 100 questions point by point without sounding like an essay test?!
Anyway, I will continue to post as much as I can through this looooong and winding journey. Some days may be random ramblings, some days I may actually have some important info. to share. It'll be interesting for everyone!
The one thing I do know is that I cannot wait to see my baby girl and in the end, it'll all be worth it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

get a free web page counter here
website-hit-counters.com